Hockley, founded in 1979, is recognised as the UK’s leading supplier for complex and high accuracy mould tools for the expanding composite markets – Aerospace, Defence and Automotive.
Through recent investment it has rapidly developed and now holds two distinctly different divisions for both the product they deliver and how they deliver, yet the two differing approaches offer the perfect Integrated Supply Solution.
Hockley Technologies Division niche supply is through internal design, specialist fabrication and manufacturing techniques and delivery of tooling for Complex Composite Components, for a varying range of Industries with varying specialist needs.
Its range of products and services from Product Assembly Lines, Canopy and Windscreen Tooling and Out of Autoclave equipment is done within a 35,000 sq. ft facility based in the West Midlands. It is complimented by its Tooling Solutions Division, based in the North West with delivers predominantly through its extensive experience as an Industrial Integrator with a UK and Global Supply Chain. A strong project management team in place,
compliments internal design, our specialist manufacturing and assembly facility plus our manufacturing partners to help ensure the product is delivered to quality, on time and to budget.
We are an “all in one” complete solutions provider with a hands-on approach, supplying expertise and engineering to high end technological and quality dependent industries
Hockley Technologies Division
• The division supplies niche and bespoke tooling packages to many of the World’s leading OEM’s and Tier 1’s.
• Specialist in the design & manufacture of complex and high accuracy Mould Tooling for the production of Composite parts
• Utilising multiple materials from Invar, Steel, Aluminium, Stainless Steel & Composite.
• As part of the complete turnkey package we deliver all associated fixtures required for Trimming, Bonding, Holding & Checking the Composite parts produced from our Tools.
• Specialist in providing Automated or semi automated Assembly lines to the Automotive and Aerospace Industries.
• Supporting our Tooling Solutions Division, Technologies division provides the perfect complimentary service to our supply chain thus giving us an unequalled “buy versus make” approach.
• Aerospace Components – casings, blades, nacelles, winglets, spars, skins, canopies and windscreen.
• Automotive Components – body panel parts, interiors and trims.
• Progression, Transfer & Form Tooling.
Overview of Products:
• Complex & High Accuracy Mould Tools
• Automated Assembly Lines
• Out of Autoclave Equipment
• Sole supplier for Canopy and Windscreen Tooling for the worlds most Advanced Fighter Aircraft
Tooling Division Technologies
The division manages an integrated supply chain, and our client base extends to a variety of high value sectors including Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear & Rail industries.
We deliver through a combination of dedicated Project and Supply Chain Management – key to Tooling Solutions Success.
The team has intimate knowledge of its customer’s product and processes and is renowned for the delivery of integrated tooling solutions to its customers complex engineering problems.
We deliver as an Integrator by:
• Utilising Sub Con Design & Engineering
• Utilising Sub Con Manufacture (partial or complete turnkey solution
• Utilising In-House Manufacture (partial or complete turnkey solution)
OR Utilising a combination of the three above – benefits of “Buy versus Make”
The team is known as a Problem Solver because:
• Reduction in tooling costs (i.e. utilising smart tooling)
• Simplifying manufacturing process – improves the customers position
• Reputation for delivery – never failed to deliver – impressive portfolio
• Capability and Flexibility – can work with continual change – dynamic – “Can Do Attitude”
• Range of Supply – without the need for all under one roof – weutilise our partner suppliers Overview of Products:
• Production and Assembly
• Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul
• Handling and Transportation
• Test Facilities
• Asset Care