Coventry University Manufacturing Metrology Group is established in 2006 by Professor Trevor Toman and continued to grow. The team is built up of multi-culture and discipline academics and engineering professionals.
- Teaching, training and CPD, offers degree from FD to PhD and EngD
- Public funded research, covering full range MRL and TRL
- Private funded consultancy for OEMs and SMEs, which can be upgraded to KTP and Research projects with access and support for funding opportunities
The enablers of the above-mentioned activities include but are not limited to:
- Competences of the team and more – Individuals have either substantial industrial experience and / or accreditable academic track records, plus practical skills, and know-how. Supported by CU-CGFM, with expanded expertise from over 300 members.
- Partners – Worked with over a hundred industrial businesses including OEMs, Tier1 suppliers, SMEs, and funding bodies. Additionally, there is access to consortium members in The Midland Centre Data-Driven Metrology Hub (MCDDM) https://www.mcddm.ac.uk/ and various international metrology committees and conferences.
- Facilities – A wide range of advanced instruments hosted in laboratories complying with ISO standards and UKAS guidance, managed by accredited personnel.
Areas of practices / expertise
Dimensional Metrology, GD&T, Coordinate Measurement, Measurement System Analysis, Measurement Uncertainty, Sensor and System Integration, Industry 4.0 solutions, Digital Manufacturing, Digital Twins, Manufacturing and Measurement Standards, Product Development Partnerships – with access to funding opportunities.
Contact Coventry University
"*" indicates required fields