Measurement solutions provider Hexagon Metrology UK is to hold a series of open days in February to mark the launch of its new precision centre in Milton Keynes.
The purpose-designed facility at Tongwell is more than twice the size of its previous premises and provides arguably the most advanced technical service and training capabilities in the industry.
The centre not only offers service and repair but also a product demonstration area, modern training room equipped with a range of Hexagon Metrology co-ordinate measuring machines, conference and boardroom facilities.
The open days, which run from February 11-13, will feature a wide range of workshops on measurement technology topics and include the following:
• Portable measuring arms – point-to-point and laser scanning
• Co-ordinate measuring machines – multiple sensor measurement
• Swift Fix Kit – part holding for measurement
• PC-DMIS software – tips and tricks
• Laser trackers – large volume point-to-point and laser scanning
• Multi-sensor machinery – optical measurement
Guest speakers at the events are set to include entrepreneur and record breaker Richard Noble OBE and Alan Peasland, head of technical partnerships at Red Bull Racing.
The Milton Keynes facility represents the latest stage in an ongoing investment programme by Hexagon Metrology UK, which has also included the launch of a new precision centre in Chester and sub-contract inspection and measurement facilities at its Telford head office.