Sharing In Growth Programme
Sharing in Growth
Aerospace companies are being invited to join Sharing in Growth (SiG), a government-backed programme that is improving the global competitiveness of the UK aerospace supply chain.
Established in 2013 with £50 million from the Regional Growth Fund (RGF) and endorsement from Finmeccanica, Airbus, BAE Systems, Bombardier, GE, GKN and Rolls-Royce, SiG has already helped secure contracts worth over £1 billion for the first 24 firms on the programme. This equates to around 1600 UK jobs and ultimately SiG’s goal is to safeguard 10,000 UK jobs.
Having won a further £30 million from the RGF, SiG is looking for ambitious aerospace supply chain companies, with a turnover over between £10m and £100m, to participate now.
SiG offers a coherent and sustainable four year training and transformation programme, worth £3 million to each qualifying company, with around £1.2 million publicly funded. The supplier’s contribution is not cash but time spent on the programme. It is already helping 40 companies achieve their aim of an average 50% increase in productivity.
SiG’s cross-functional specialists tackle areas such as lean operations, manufacturing engineering, procurement and value engineering. To ensure a sustainable and fully integrated transformation programme they also work with delivery experts such as Deloitte, Unipart Expert Practices, the National Physical Laboratory, The University of Cambridge’s Institute for Manufacturing and Industry Forum to provide world-class training in leadership, strategy, business planning and performance improvement.
Coalville-based Winbro Group Technologies Ltd, which supplies blue chip companies like Rolls-Royce, GE, Pratt and Whitney, Snecma and Siemens, has increased staff by 20% and acquired contracts estimated to be worth £88 million since starting on the SiG programme in 2014.
Register our interest
- Bank Of England Summaries
- Bank of Scotland Research Series – Oil and Gas Energy Evolution
- Energy efficiency fund
- Featured companies
- FINANCE BIRMINGHAM – Rail Supply Growth Fund
- Grant Funding Factsheets
- GTMA – Apprenticeship Deeds
- ISTMA Newsletters, 2018
- KEY FACTS – R&D Tax Credit Scheme
- Lloyds Bank Economic Reports, 2016 & 2017
- Lloyds Bank Fraud Guidance
- Lloyds Bank Manufacturing Report, July 2019
- MHA Manufacturing & Engineering Annual Report, 2017/2018
- MHA Midlands Regional Insight
- New Members
- Safety & Health Engineering Partnership
- Sharing In Growth Programme
- The Future of The UK & Europe, A Report from Lloyds Bank, March 2018
- Tooling Finance from Lloyds Bank
- UK Manufacturing Outlook, March 2018