More than 200 visitors from around the world are expected at this year’s Turbine Technology Days at Starrag’s headquarters in Switzerland on June 19 & 20 when Starrag and HAIMER will be presenting a host of innovative developments for increased efficiency and reliability in turbine production.
Numerous workstations will demonstrate the latest innovations, including complete production systems, with Starrag announcing, for example:
- A new machine for blisk production;
- The manufacture of stator segments in one clamping – rather than four; and
- How adaptive machining strategies eliminate ‘air cuts’.
Included in the displays of new developments from HAIMER will be:
- Tool shrinking, balancing and presetting technology that is easily integrated into an Industrie 4.0 environment;
- Angle head solutions plus automatic tool and head changes; and
- Customer-specific Starrag solid carbide tools equipped with HAIMER’s new Duo-Lock exchangeable head system – ideal for the production of difficult-to-machine parts.
In addition, the keynote speaker Dr Francesco Parisi, General Manager of Italian turbine manufacturer Pietro Rosa TBM, will provide an insight into the company’s production activities.
The event is also supported by specialist partners whose products – ranging from coolants to software solutions – play a significant role in the process chain, and there will be the opportunity to visit HAIMER (on June 20/21) to see at first hand the production processes at its plant in Bavaria.
UK aerospace professionals interested in attending the event should contact Lee Scott, Starrag UK‘s Director for Sales and Applications, by email: email@example.com