More and more companies are realising that overseas production is not as cost effective as it used to be. With factors such as increasing supply chain costs and workers’ wages, overseas operations are no longer the most efficient way to operate. This has led to the business practice of reintroducing domestic manufacturing, known as reshoring, becoming more common in recent years.
GTMA will be demonstrating their new ReshoringUK website as the Association launches their collaboration with eleven Trade Associations of the engineering skills available in the UK
During our SCiP Networking event, we will look at reshoring from a UK perspective, with report partner Reshoring UKcommenting on the realities of reshoring, as well as our SME Group sharing insights of reshoring for the automotive sector.
Date: 26th September 2017
Venue: IIPSI Seminar Rooms, WMG, University of Warwick, CV4 7AL (view map).
Don’t forget, if you can’t make the event in person you can watch the live stream by registering here.
|8:00 – 8:30||Registration with light breakfast and refreshments
|8:30 – 8:40||Welcome
Jan Godsell, WMG
|8:40 – 9:00||Realities of Reshoring: a UK Perspective Report Findings
Di Li, WMG
|9:00 – 9:10||Manufacturing insight
Julia Moore, GTMA/Reshoring UK
|9:10 – 9:20||Automotive insight
Jon King, WMG
|9:20 – 9:30||Q & A|
|9:30 – 9:35||Closing Comments
Jan Godsell, WMG
|9:35 – 10:00||Networking|
- Event Speakers
- Additive Manufacturing in Aerospace, 12th October 2017
- Automechanika Birmingham, 6th-8th June 2017
- GTMA Meet The Toolmaker/Moulder – 16th February 2017
- Manufacturing Solutions Ireland, 2017
- Manufacturing Solutions UK, 2017
- PMMDA Event at House of Commons, 13th November 2017
- Realities of Reshoring: a UK perspective
- Tour Of Jaguar Land Rover Powertrain Metrology Labs in 2017
- Media Partners