As a UK trade Association, we believe membership to ISTMA is s vital part of the UK supplychain jigsaw, they represent 22 Special Tooling and Machining Associations throughout the world. Collectively, ISTMA member associations represent over 8,000 companies and over 120 billion U.S. dollars in annual sales. ISTMA World is responsible for the central coordination and organization of all international activities.
For over forty four years, a firm partnership for stamping dies, mould making, precision machining and special machines has evolved. Be it a toolmaker in Tokyo, a mould maker in Barcelona, a machinist in Canada, or a special machine builder in the United States, the industry associations, member companies, and employees benefit from ISTMA membership.
The International Special Tooling & Machining Association (ISTMA) will be the center of expertise of the worldwide special tooling and precision machining industry.Mission
To help national industry associations and their member companies achieve business success in the global economy through advocacy, networking, information, programs and services.
– to enhance the reputation of the industry and its employees;
– to maintain contacts and provide a channel of communication between its members;
– to defend the interests of its members with regard to international organizations, authorities and other associations;
– to promote the efficiency and profitability of the firms within their member associations;
– to review the training and educational standards for the skilled workers employed by the industry, particularly in times of rapid technological changes;
– to establish standard recommendations for the standard tooling components on a worldwide basis;
The members of the Association shall cooperate on a friendly basis. The problems of the industry shall be treated in a spirit of voluntary cooperation based on good intention and with an open-minded exchange of views, in such a way that solutions are developed by mutual agreement. Paramount importance is attached to the exchange of experience between the members.