Ultra light, strong, highly resistant and durable, composites are ideal for producing lightweight structures with tremendous performance capabilities. Yet, designing and mass-producing complex production-ready composites parts is highly complex and expensive.
Traditional Composites solutions cover the design, analysis, and manufacturing of Composites parts in a sequential, time-consuming, non-collaborative process burdened by heavily manual operations. Already in use at the major aircraft and helicopter manufacturers and suppliers, Formula 1 teams, as well as yacht designers and builders, Dassault Systèmes’ complete set of process-oriented solutions to design, simulate, and manufacture composite structures on a single virtual platform helps companies to:
1. Keep composites development and build cost under control
2. Reduce fabrication cycle time and shorten ramp-up time throughout the process, from initial design to manufacturing preparation and shop floor
3. Manage the vast amount of data, large number of specifications, and the hundreds of plies generated, from design to manufacturing
4. Predict global behavior in order not to over-design the part, undermine the initial lightweight properties, and incur additional cost
5. Perform tedious, complex ply design while ensuring manufacturability by taking manufacturing constraints into account and generating the necessary output
6. Communicate efficiently, promote concurrent engineering, and manage numerous interactions between composites engineering and manufacturing teams or cross-functional disciplines to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and delays