The hunt is on for trailblazing plastics businesses and individuals, as the annual Plastics Industry Awards open for entries.
With categories covering materials usage, design and manufacturing as well as training and environmental performance, there are opportunities for all parts of the industry to showcase their achievements. Comedian, actor and writer Alan Davies will present winners with their awards at a black-tie ceremony at the London Hilton on Park Lane on Friday 9th October 2015.
Now in their 15th year, the Plastics Industry Awards comprise 17 categories, including the hotly- contested Processor of the Year Award. Free to enter, they are open to supplier companies, OEM manufacturers, plastics processors, consultants, trainees and designers. Entries must be submitted online by 29th May at www.plasticsawards.com.
This year’s design awards include categories for Consumer Product of the Year, Industrial Product of the Year and Young Designer of the Year. Open to the under 25s, the Young Designer of the Year category requires entrants to design an original non-electrical product featuring plastic parts which demonstrates commercial potential and a mass market in either the retail or industrial sectors.
All companies and academic establishments in the industry with apprentices or trainees are encouraged to nominate an individual for the Apprentice or Trainee of the Year Award which carries a prize of £1000 donated by the Polymer Machinery Manufacturers and Distributors Association (PMMDA).
Plastics Industry Awards Categories:
- Best Technology Application of the Year
- Best Environmental or Energy Efficiency Programme of the Year
- Best Business Initiative of the Year
- Processor of the Year
- Consumer Product Design of the Year
- Industrial Product Design of the Year
- Best Recycled Plastic Product
- Young Designer of the Year
- Best Training and Development Programme of the Year
- Apprentice or Trainee of the Year
- Supplier Partnership – Ancillary Machinery
- Supplier Partnership – Masterbatch/Compound/Additive
- Supplier Partnership – Polymer Distributor
- Supplier Partnership – Polymer Producer
- Supplier Partnership – Prime Machinery
- Supplier Partnership – Toolmaker
- Personal Contribution to the Industry
Platinum sponsors of The Plastics Industry Awards 2015 are Engel Moulders Group and FANUC.
Gold sponsors include Hasco, Distrupol, Sumitomo Demag and Summit Systems and Motan Colortonic.
They also enjoy the support of the British Plastics Federation, British Industrial Design Association, Recoup, GTMA, Polymer Training Innovation Centre (PTIC), the Polymer Machinery Manufacturers and Distributors Association (PMMDA) and the Plastics Design & Moulding exhibition and conference (PDM 15) and Plastics Recycling Expo.
For more information: